Landmark, the new integrated social sciences series for classes 6, 7 and 8, meets the requirements of the new NCERT syllabus and the vision of the National Curriculum Framework, 2005. It is a well-graded series based on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) pattern initiated by the CBSE. Innovatively designed, each book in the series comprises sections on history, geography, and social and political life. The history section provides an understanding of the chronology of events. It enables students to relate the past with the present and equips them to learn from the past for the future. The geography section explains key geographical concepts, highlights the interdependence of various regions and countries within the broad structure of the natural environment and introduces the global distribution of economic resources. The section on social and political life familiarizes students with the social and political institutions that play a vital role in their lives and also acquaints them with the processes of government.
is a social science teacher with many years of teaching experience at the middle and high school levelsRamesh Mathur
is presently the Principal of The Mayoor School, Bhopal. Earlier, he taught at Mayo College, Ajmer, for nearly three decades. He served as the Educational Advisor to Indian Schools in the Sultanate of Oman from 1998 to 2007. In 2004, he received the coveted Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award for his contribution in the field of education.
• An integrated and thematic approach gives a balanced perspective to the study of social sciences
• Attractive layout, colourful illustrations, schematic diagrams, relevant photographs and maps
• Introductory box at the beginning of each lesson recalls the earlier acquired knowledge
• Case studies and extracts from different sources followed by in-text questions
• Ample exercises reinforce the knowledge base
• Thinking Hat provides an opportunity for individual introspection followed by discussions
• Fun with History! and Try This facilitate self-learning
• Blast from the Past and Fact File impart interesting and amazing bits of information
• More Fun with History, Geography and SPL sections contain a set of tasks guided by the ‘learning by doing’ approach
• Timelines show the chronological sequence of historical developments
• Contains an interactive companion CD
• Contains aTeacher's Manual and an e-book