The Oxford Student Atlas for India uses the latest state- of-the-art techniques to produce maps that are accurate and easy to read. Thoroughly researched and up-to-date, this completely new second edition of the atlas is designed keeping in mind the syllabi requirements of various education boards in India. It covers India's physical, geo-political, environmental, demographic, socio-economic, cultural, and historical features with thematic and statistical representation on a range of topics that are usually included in major syllabi. In addition, it vividly traces geographic characteristics of each continent with regional maps of important countries and the world.
Oxford Student Atlas for Indiauses the latest state- of-the-art technique to produce maps that are accurate and easy to read. Thoroughly researched and up-to-date, this completely new second editionof the atlas is designed keeping in mind the syllabi requirements of various education boards in India.
• Contains quality digital maps that are aesthetically laid-out and provide up- to-date information
• Uses the GIS technology to provide accurate, 3-D physical maps and clarify map detail
• Provides special sections on the history of map-making, and concepts of contour and landforms in the beginning of the atlas
• Covers important topical themes such as biosphere reserves, wetlands and wildlife, power projects, agricultural regions, major industrial regions, human development, tourism and mass media, cultural realms, heritage, etc.
• Includes 24 maps focusing on the history of the Indian subcontinent
• Includes a new section on world history and a world time zone map • Includes poster size wall maps of India and the world and toposheets
• Contains a fully updated and revised index • Contains an interactive companion CD-ROM